DO YOU HAVE A NEWLY DIAGNOSED CONDITION such as early stage or early onset Alzheimer’s Disease or other dementing condition or cognitive impairment?
Do any of the following apply to you?
- Are you sad or angry about dimishing capabilities, loss of independence or dependence on others?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by your diagnosis or condition and its impact on your loved ones?
- Has your self-esteem been affected as a result of being a person with a dementing condition?
- Do you feel helpless or powerless to change symptoms or the progression of the disorder?
- Are you struggling with your personal relationships as a result of your condition?
- Do you feel a loss of privacy in needing regular attendant care?
- Do you struggle with obtaining and retaining reliable attendant care?
- Are you lost, isolated or alone, not sure where to turn for help?
- Are you sad for the loss of hopes and dreams for the future?
I am here to help
I have specialized in working with people with neurological, and cognitive disabilities for over 30 years.
My professional experience includes positions as psychotherapist, social worker, care manager, and geriatric specialist.
As a disabled person you face emotional and logistically challenging problems. I offer a sensitive, practical, and thorough approach that enables me to apply the right mix of counseling, education and supportive resources to help you.
I help you sort through the complex mix of emotions you may feel. I identify, locate and provide you with suitable community and supportive services to improve the quality of your life.
I also help you navigate the inevitable maze of health care and supportive services you will face. If you are newly diagnosed, I educate you about certain implications of the disability or disorder so you have a context and a plan of action.
My clients come from all walks of life. I work with people of all ethnicities, races, sexual orientations, traditional and non-traditional family structures and life circumstances.
I conduct telemedicine / teletherapy psychotherapy and consultation sessions with my clients. Telemedicine / teletherapy via videoconferencing or via telephone makes it possible to better meet the needs of clients who may have a difficult time coming to a physical office location or who simply have no professionals in their area with the particular expertise I offer. Learn more about telemedicine / teletherapy psychotherapy & consultation.