Do you provide care to a loved one or family member with aging-related or other disabling neurological conditions such as dementia, Alzheimer’s Disease, stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Huntington’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury?
Do any of the following apply to you?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by your loved one’s diagnosis of a degenerative, progressive neurological disorder or other condition?
- Do you feel overburdened, angry, resentful or guilty juggling your needs with the needs of an impaired loved one?
- Are you facing difficult challenges in dealing with changes in your loved one’s behavior?
- Do you feel helpless or powerless to change the situation?
- Are you physically and/or emotionally exhausted?
- Are you lost, isolated or alone, not sure where to turn for help?
- Are you sad for the loss of a loved one to a progressive disease and the loss of hopes and dreams for the future?
I am here to help
I have specialized in working with caregivers of people with neurological, cognitive and physical disabilities for over 30 years.
My professional experience includes positions as psychotherapist, social worker, care manager, and geriatric specialist.
As a caregiver, you face emotional and logistically challenging problems. I offer a sensitive, practical, and thorough approach that enables me to apply the right mix of counseling, education and supportive resources to help you.
I help you sort through the complex mix of emotions you may feel. We address the oftentimes distressing behavioral problems you face with your loved one and determine what interventions may be helpful.
I identify, locate and provide you with suitable community and supportive services to improve the quality of your life and that of your loved one. I also help you navigate the inevitable maze of health care and supportive services you will face and educate you about certain implications of the disability so you have a context and a plan of action.
My clients come from all walks of life. I work with people of all ethnicities, races, sexual orientations, traditional and non-traditional family structures and life circumstances.
I conduct telemedicine / teletherapy psychotherapy and consultation sessions with my clients. Telemedicine / teletherapy via videoconferencing or via telephone makes it possible to better meet the needs of clients who may have a difficult time coming to a physical office location or who simply have no professionals in their area with the particular expertise I offer. Learn more about telemedicine / teletherapy psychotherapy & consultation.