DO YOU HAVE A DISABLING CONDITION or neurological or neurodegenerative disorder such as Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Huntington’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, stroke, traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury?
Do any of the following apply to you?
- Are you sad or angry about diminishing capabilities, mobility, loss of independence or dependence on others?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by your diagnosis or condition and its impact on your loved ones?
- Has your self-esteem been affected as a result of being a person with a disability?
- Do you feel helpless or powerless to change symptoms or the progression of the disorder?
- Are you struggling with your personal relationships as a result of your disability?
- Do you feel a loss of privacy in needing regular attendant care?
- Do you struggle with obtaining and retaining reliable attendant care?
- Are you lost, isolated or alone, not sure where to turn for help?
- Are you sad for the loss of hopes and dreams for the future?
I am here to help
I have specialized in working with people with both acquired and congenital physical and neurological disabilities for over 30 years.
My professional experience includes positions as psychotherapist, social worker, care manager, and geriatric specialist.
As a disabled person you face emotional and logistically challenging problems. I offer a sensitive, practical, and thorough approach that enables me to apply the right mix of counseling, education and supportive resources to help you.
I help you sort through the complex mix of emotions you may feel. I identify, locate and provide you with suitable community and supportive services to improve the quality of your life.
I also help you navigate the inevitable maze of health care and supportive services you will face. If you are newly disabled, I educate you about certain implications of the disability or disorder so you have a context and a plan of action.
My clients come from all walks of life. I work with people of all ethnicities, races, sexual orientations, traditional and non-traditional family structures and life circumstances.
I conduct telemedicine / teletherapy psychotherapy and consultation sessions with my clients. Telemedicine / teletherapy via videoconferencing or via telephone makes it possible to better meet the needs of clients who may have a difficult time coming to a physical office location or who simply have no professionals in their area with the particular expertise I offer. Learn more about telemedicine / teletherapy psychotherapy & consultation.